FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Can you buy BA Lounge Access?
View Single Post
Old Feb 15, 2009, 7:47 am
Traveloguy

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jakesterUK
You become Oneworld Ruby, which BA does not have a matching status for. I used to use the status which allowed me to use zone R at Heathrow T1 - it was very useful indeed with all those Economy flights!

You certainly used to be able to access BA lounges with one guest in the past, and I never once had a a problem (apart from in Singapore, when eventually they capitulated and let me in!).

The Qantas site says the following: -
Qantas Club does not confer Ruby benefits officially, although posts from adrianjc32 indicate that QC seems to appear in the BA system as a Ruby member.

Originally Posted by sunrisegirl
o do I take it by purchasing this you automatically become the equivalent of a oneworld Sapphire member which is the lowest level to allow entry to the BA lounges

I was speaking to someone in the lounge the other day and they said they often have to turn people away with QF membership as they don't qualify under the OW Sapphire or Emerald. I just wondered if the two were linked.
Qantas Club is a paid lounge membership which technically confers NO OneWorld benefits. All it does is provide lounge access when flying QF, BA & AA in the relevant lounge. Nothing more and nothing less. BA staff should not be turning away QC members from T5 Business/Club lounges as they are definitely entitled to access them under the terms of the membership.

QC does however provide members travelling on QF with priority baggage benefits, although this is a QF only benefit.

If you want further details, I strongly urge you to visit the QF site. There is a lot of very good information there including a very good guide about lounge access. Well worth a few minutes to read.