FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "I'm Sorry, We Do Not Have Enough Staff To Let You Off The Plane"
Old Nov 17, 2002, 7:45 am
deelmakur
Original Member

Programs: United Premier 1K, American AAdvantage Gold
The sad thing is that because it went into the books as an ontime departure, that delusional bunch at Ft. Fumble in Crystal City will go right on believing their end of month press releases on satisfactory performance. Speaking of those, as the line gets smaller, it gets easier to operate what's left in a more timely manner, but has anybody calculated the time spent rebooking and rerouting these days, because of constant schedule changes? That kind of wasted time is every bit as insidious as gate delays and flight cancellations, but it doesn't show up in any statistic. I haven't booked anything since the original "sneak attack" on elite roaches, but I had 8 trips booked over the winter for Florida commutes, which I was stuck with. So far, these have had to be rebooked four times, in their entirety, at no less than an hour each time, and yesterday Scheduling told the agent to tell me not to change the March and April stuff, because there were more coming. PS to Ringside: Next time take the Acela train.