FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated Delayed/Cancelled UA International Flights [Master Thread]
Old Feb 8, 09, 5:50 pm
imgonnafly
Suspended

Originally Posted by mahasamatman View Post
US will provide hotel for a 1P, but not for a GM (or 2P or 3P for that matter). See http://flyerguide.com/wiki/index.php...EROUTE-AMENITY
I read the guide and saw this: ANY FLIGHT INTERRUPTION INCLUDING THOSE CAUSED BY WEATHER
OR ATC THAT RESULTS IN GS/1K/PASSPLUS/UF/UB OR STAR GOLD
(INCLUDING DOMESTIC PORTIONS OF AN INTL ITINERARY) CUSTOMERS
BEING UNABLE TO REACH THEIR SCHEDULED DESTINATION BY THE
LAST DEPARTURE OF THE DAY.

question: what is UF/UB? is that the same as 1p/2p/3p? just wondering for future reference if i'm not always 1k, if i will get a hotel as a 1p or something else. i can't imagine how awful it would be to have a weather delay and not have the airline pay for a hotel.

i also had an agent last week tell me that because i'm 1k if i fell asleep at the gate and missed my flight, they would pay for my hotel - is that true??? seems like they shouldn't. (the reason the agent told me this was there was a crazy man next tome insisting united pay for his hotel cuz he fell asleep at the gate...and i told her i hope ua does NOT pay for his hotel as it's totally his own fault)