FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Rumor - UA To Start MSP To SFO in Summer '09?
Old Feb 8, 2009, 1:03 pm
td_in_training

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat, DL 0.8MM
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
There are a ton of companies in every city in the world. That doesn't mean there's lots of elite traffic.
True - though I would add that in addition to the fortune 500's based in MSP, I know quite a few consultants (self included) who travel >75% and, given the option to live anywhere with a major airport have chosen MSP (direct to either coast in <3 hours, direct to Asia and Europe)... While that isn't unique to MSP (ORD and IAH have some of the same advantages) I definitely think we have a disproportionate elite population...

In any event, I'm really excited about UA adding this route... Competition on MSP-OAK has dropped prices considerably...

Being based in MSP, I've never missed an upgrade to/from SFO (NW 757s) or OAK (typically DC9/320/175s connecting in SLC)... However, NW's 320 service between SJC-MSP is elite heavy... I've had a few Friday afternoon flights where I notice the platinum luggage tag on every briefcase down the exit row!!