FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated Delayed/Cancelled UA International Flights [Master Thread]
Old Feb 7, 09, 11:02 pm
JSlo

Programs: UA 1.5K MM/SPG Plat/Various Random Golds lol
UA BKK-NRT 890 2/8 bad delay, 1K props

Delayed bout 8+ hours it looks like. I was coming into BKK from CNX late last night, overnighting in BKK to catch the 6:40AM UA 890 BKK-NRT so I can connect with UA 876 NRT-SEA.

Longer story as short as possible, props to Worldmate Live for red alerting me the moment we landed in BKK that my morning flight had gone pear shaped, and upon confirming the worst, I ran to the checkin counters while dialing 1K line- they put me on an ANA flight departed midnight, got me into NRT early this AM, can make connections. It was very close timewise, but the 1K desk worked quickly and got me the new boarding pass.

Best line of the fraccas from the ANA res/check in manager "your agency has behaved very well, run to the gate you are on this plane" this of course after he had tried to tell me they didn't have enough food for me...(see other threads...).

Anyway, bummer on the delay, props to UA and 1K for covering the gap.

I have heard from others stuck in BKK or Tokyo an extra day. I'm sympathetic big time. I think Worldmate tipped me off really early and the fact I was already in BKK at 11pm inbound...worked out.