FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Aman Poll and Questions (up to end 2009)
View Single Post
Old Jan 29, 2009, 10:59 am
zigzag

unmissable amanjiwo

4. Finally, is there any one of the 5 hotels that you really think is unmissable, should timing mean we have to dump one of them

Amanjiwo is unmissable and you should spend at least three days there if not more. Spending time in Java is really seeing Indonesia and there is so much to do at Amanjiwo.
If Denpasar is easier for you then start at Amanusa to recover from any jet lag, the beach is great. Its also great to end your trip here either by using the hotel during the day till your plane leaves in the evening or spending the last night here. After spending two weeks at the 5 Amans they will most likly give you the room for day use and not charge you for it.
You need at least three nights at Amanwana.
I would book 2 nights at Amanusa, then 3 at Amanjiwo,3 nights at Amandari,3nights at Amankila,( if you can spend the money on the helicopter from the pad at Kila to Amanwana do it) 3 nights at Amanwana, and then spend the last day at Amanusa either for the day or over night. There you have two full weeks plus the you will need the other days for travel from your home base.
I have been in Indonesia in May and there was still a good amount of sun but the staff said the dry season still had not come. I think these hotels are great in the rain or sun.
No problem with Mozzies, just keep the doors closed and the room like an ice box.