FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SAS increases the prices for points upgrade
Old Jan 27, 2009, 9:00 am
tommy777

Originally Posted by ranskis
I don't think it is the only good value, I can see another one, for Nordic-Baltic trip, especially some beyond hubs, like LYR, TOS, KRN, RVN... since those flying SK should like Nordic countries, as I do
hope they are not planning to increase the points from 12000 to 20000 or so...

It looks like these airlines are colliding on their FF programs, with FB, DL, SK making such changes at similar times.
Fair enough, but it's something only a very few of the members will have use for. Upgrade on intercont is something everyone could use.

If I use United Miles, I can fly anywhere within Europe for 25K miles, that's a hell of a lot better than what SK offers (except within "Scandinavia")

Just remember the history here: In the last five years, it has changed like this:

When the Airbus came: 10K to Extra, 20K to Biz, before the Airbus came, 20K to Biz. Then they increased Eco to Biz from 20-30 and Extra to Biz from 10-20. Now, only a couple of years later they increase Eco to biz 20K more, meaning an increase from 20-50K in less than 5 years.

Banana Republic inflation in my book.

I guess we will see emptier C cabins in the future. They are not selling any seats at all and now they won't award loyal customers the empty seats without forking over a fortune.