FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Ultimate Qantas Seat Guide
View Single Post
Old Jan 27, 2009, 12:53 am
notzac

Programs: QF Platinum, VA Gold
A388 / 4 class / J / row 12

I'd forgotten about this thread! I've been fortunate enough to have flown twice on this beast - both times in J - so I should probably add in my preferred seats. Where would I want to sit? Anywhere in row 12. The seats I've personally parked my behind in are 12E and 12F.

The good stuff:
  • On boarding, you'll be invited to turn left!
  • The forward J cabin has but 3 rows, so it has a much more private feel than the "dorm room" main J cabin.
  • Currently, service runs front to back in J - so you're among the first to get fed and watered.
  • You're close to the only self-service bar in J - nice proximity to the open champagne bottle for top-ups!
  • You're close to the F/J lounge, which is nice for a quiet chat with other pax during the flight.
  • If you're seated in A or K, you have a fabulous view of the outside world - the windows on the A388 are larger than on the 744 and you get 2-and-a-bit windows to choose from.
  • If you're seated in E or F, you have no-one attempting to climb over you when the seat is in bed mode.
  • Row 12 is ideally located away from the bulkhead (no floor storage issues) and away from the loo/galley (less noise when you're trying to sleep).

The bad stuff:
  • The IFE screens have to be stowed for take off and landing, so you don't get to watch the interesting bits on tailcam.
  • You're close to the only self-service bar in J - nice proximity to the open champagne bottle for top-ups for other pax as well!
  • You're close to the F/J lounge, which is nice for other pax to come stomping past your seat to nose about and chat loudly with other pax during the flight.
  • If you're seated in A or K, you have to perform acrobatics to get to the loo when B or J are in bed mode - not such a hardship with the new skybeds, but worth a mention.
  • If you're seated in E or F, you can't see outside.