View Single Post
Old Jan 26, 09, 4:24 am
Coathanger

Having just returned from a brilliant long weekend in Melbourne, I am happy to report that the only seat not present on my two flights was the Millennium variety.

QF459 (SYD-MEL) was operated by a Dreamtime B763 in the 1-2-2 configuration, allowing for a comfortable ninety-minute ride. The cabin crew on this leg were excellent, setting the tone for a great weekend and some great tennis at the Australian Open.

QF452 (MEL-SYD) was operated by an A333, which meant one thing: Skybed! Another excellent flight and my first Qantas lie-flat experience - the cabin crew were more than happy to help me capture the moment with a few happy snaps. All good things come to an end so just after an hour we were descending into Sydney, what a way to end the trip!

While at the Business Lounge in Melbourne, I noticed they now have Beez Neez on tap (well, it's a separate dispenser). Nice to see a variety of beers on offer, especially since it happens to be my preferred.

Thanks for all the help and research, special mention to serfty for his insider information.