FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [LEFT 26 Nov 2020] Le Meridien Piccadilly, London, United Kingdom [Master Thread]
Old Jan 24, 2009, 3:44 am
LTN Phobia
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
I stayed at LM Piccadilly a few days ago. It was generally fine - staff were friendly and helpful enough, and very close to Waterstones (across the road) and the tube station.

One problem - I was in one of their newly renovated room, and the shower screen does not extend far enough. The water was literally everywhere. It was the case of 'it looks nice, but it's rather dysfunctional'.

Also there was no bath in this room, although it did not inconvenience me as I am more of a shower person, generally speaking.

There was also no shower gel provided, and the fragrance of the Hermes soap wasn't really to my liking.

Air conditioning system was a little weird. I set the temperature to 24 degrees (the room temperature at the time was 20 degrees from memory) and turned on the fan to 'low' setting. The temperature kept going down. Same thing continued when I tried the fan on 'high' setting. It appeared that it only worked as I expected when it the fan was turned off. The room temperature never climbed above 22 degrees though.

Also the loo button kept sticking which meant the water kept running on until I fiddled with the button, which was somewhat irritating (called maintenance but they just said 'you have to jiggle the button a bit' or something to that effect).

Overall, the room was of fairly good size for London and the décor was OK. If you have an optical mouse, make sure you have a mouse mat though - the red glass top table does not mix too well with it.