FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AF vs TOM LON-TLV
View Single Post
Old Jan 22, 2009, 9:48 am
rangerss75

Programs: BA Silver, FB Plat, Accor Gold, IHG Gold, Wyndham Rewards Gold, BW Gold
Originally Posted by apirchik
Seat pitch is the same throughout the AF A320 and does not differ between the classes, nor do the seats. Business is the same 3-3 seats converted to 2-2 with a table between the seats, Tempo Challenge (economy +) is regular economy with some better service and tempo is the economy cabin.
The seats in Business are a little wider (I know that isn't the same as seat pitch) because the armrests on the middle seat are adjusted inwards so that the drop down table has something on which to rest.

To the OP, If the fares are roughly the same I have always gone for mainline over LCC or charter on flights of the length you are talking about, even if it means - as it usually does - taking flights with a connection. If it's under two hours, then I'd go with the direct flight, but when it's three, four or even five hours, then I find dividing the journey gives me a chance to stretch my legs a bit.

The flight departure time is also an element to be taken into consideration. You say the TOM flight leaves early. If by that you mean that you'll need to get up at 3.30am to get to the airport and check in two hours before take-off then, once again, I'd go with AF.

As you're already in a *Alliance programme, have you checked out fares on Swiss? They often have quite reasonable fares ex-London, even in Business Class. That way you'd earn miles too. But if you do go with AF, you might as well join a Skyteam programme too as it won't cost you anything and don't they usually give you a couple of thousand miles to start you off? You'll probably never earn enough to go anywhere, but you never know.

Last edited by rangerss75; Jan 22, 2009 at 9:57 am