FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Opinions on this Alamo Honolulu reservation?
Old Jan 19, 2009, 8:31 pm
face_case

Question Opinions on this Alamo Honolulu reservation?

Have been scouring this page and others for weeks now.. and wanted to post some rates for feedback on whether I should stop now.. I'm not sure I can get them any lower, but I hate to quit looking if there is a possibility to pinch some more coin!

So, booking a convertible in Hawaii (Waikiki) from Feb 9-17, or Feb 10-17 - The difference is because we land on the 9, but debating on taking a cab to hotel for first nite, as this will save us the $25 daily parking fee and the rate for picking it up on the 10th @ the ala moana location is much cheaper *but* this makes it difficult to have a back-up plan at the airport should I encounter issues with the contract id I've used.. So, I'm on the fence. But so far, this is what I have:

Alamo - contract id & $25 coupon code AD60212DL via Alamo.com
Picking up on the 10th at the Ala Moana location, returning on the 17 at the airport
Est. Total is 220.00

Alamo - same codes as above, but picking up on the 9th and returning on the 17th, airport both locations
Est. Total is 309.65

Hertz - using the controversial F&F CDP - I'm aware that it may not work - picking up on the 9th, returning on 17, both airport
Est. Total is $245.00

Thrifty - picking up and return at airport, 9-17
Est Total is $368.00

Avis - picking up and retunr to airport, 9-17
using AWD A963000
Est. Total is $360.00

Any tips, ideas.. should I go with the first Alamo since it is the cheapest? I also have the entertainment book and a AAA membership, but haven't gotten any great rates from either