FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - I received free points - should I worry?
View Single Post
Old Jan 16, 2009, 10:21 am
sard

Great White North -
I'd suggest getting a copy of your credit report ASAP and checking if someone has taken out a credit card in your name.

> I will check my credit report later today

vrbaba -
OP, can you see which CC is used to pay the hotel bills? Usually you would see the Type and last 4 digits at least. I would first confirm with the Hotel itself. Then, def. check your credit.

> When I looked at the bill online, I saw the last 4 digits, and they did not match any of my current cards.
What is the purpose of calling the hotel? All they can do is confirm "I" stayed there on those days.

chuxter -
I would call the Diamond Desk or at the least login to your account change your password etc.
If you call the DD you can ask them to call up your OnQ profile and have them note or review the notes on your account to ensure that it's really you stayin the hotel.

>whats the purpose of calling the diamond desk?
If I call them, and tell them what happened, wouldnt they just REMOVE the points from my account? (since I didnt stay there)

I do know 2 things:
1. My points have never been used (by me or someone else)
2. About 3 years ago, I stayed at a Hampton Inn, and my bill printed out with an address in California. Turned out someone with the same name lives there.

Thanks everyone