FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Preferred Package Arrived Today
View Single Post
Old Feb 14, 2002, 3:57 pm
romadaro

Programs: UA 1K, US LT Silver, AA Plat, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Starwood Gold
USCHPR-The first set of criteria in your post doesn't pass the acid test. I have been US1 for four years running and got the free club membership the first year, but haven't received it since. Obviously, I flew over 100K the first three years and requalified this year with 123,000 miles flown. In addition, every year, I've qualified for US1 by October. In fact, I've already qualified for Silver for next year with 31,000 miles flown in less than 2 months. Had I not taken four transcons on Continental this year, I'd probably be at the Gold level already. But, I have consciously decided to fly US less and fly Continental more, since I've experienced great service and, at least until US announces a new alliance partner. Between my wife and I, we have over 2 million miles on US and that's way too many on an airline in financial peril. I don't deny that US has been good to me, but we've got too much at stake to keep piling on the miles.