FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Preferred Package Arrived Today
View Single Post
Old Feb 14, 2002, 1:04 pm
US1@ORF

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by romadaro:
Got my package yesterday and I agree that it's pretty skimpy. </font>
I received my CP packet today. Contained the usual fare as described elsewhere in this post. Credentials and SWU for myself and companion (2 one way's for each).

I find the much toned down packageing to be a smart move on the part of US's marketing dept. I have thought over the past few years that the amount of paper and superior quality is a bit much in terms of cost. I'm sure they were quite pricey to produce. I think this year's package is very attractive and sets a distinctive look and feel to being a CP. Reduce expense where you can and still deliver something nice is fine with me.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by romadaro:
I continue to be puzzled as to how in the heck they come up with the list of CP's who get complimentary Club memberships. I was told that it was the top 2,500 or so based on revenue. But, having flown 123,000 miles last year, I have a hard time believing I wouldn't be in that group. US1@ORF-did the letter you receive with your comp membership detail the reason you were comped? Just curious.</font>
romadaro - I received my new club card, exp 2/03, last week with a letter stating "in recognition for the exceptional amount of business with US" (or something like that). I tend to fly full fare so I'm sure that has something to do with it.

------------------
US-CP; UA PE; Hilton Gold VIP; Crowne Plaza Gold