FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LX: LAX-DEL-LAX via ZRH in C (To India on Swiss Air)
Old Jan 15, 2009, 4:37 pm
MatthewLAX
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
>DEL LOUNGE

Three days later, I found myself bidding my driver farewell as he dropped me off at DEL a few hours before my return flight to ZRH. If you are visiting Delhi for the first time, I recommend you hire a guide/driver. I had a wonderful driver who spoke good English and was very knowledgeable about the “Golden Triangle” area of Jaipur-Agra-Delhi that I visited.

Check-in was smooth and passport control took mere moments. I proceeded upstairs (before security) to the “Port Lounge” which was very crowded and a very poor lounge overall. There was small bar and bathroom in the back, a food area in the front, and only one computer station near the exit. There was a decent selection of German magazines, probably taken from LH, and a few Indian newspapers.

About 45 minutes before scheduled departure, a LX rep. walked through the lounge advising those traveling on LX to proceed to security. The security line moved slow, but was relatively painless: my shoes stayed on. Boarding looked like it was going to be very chaotic as there was a big gaggle around the boarding gate, but Business Class passengers were boarded first.