FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LX: LAX-DEL-LAX via ZRH in C (To India on Swiss Air)
Old Jan 15, 2009, 4:24 pm
MatthewLAX
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
> LAX LOUNGES

Our first stop was the highly acclaimed NZ Koru Club. I will let the pictures do the talking, but I was very impressed with this lounge: by far the best Star Alliance lounge in the airport and perhaps the best lounge in the airport.

Because I had never been it, I wanted to also check-out the AC Maple Leaf Lounge next door. What a let down after spending time in the Koru Club! I suppose it was not too bad, but it was tiny and the snack selection was very limited.

We considered going to the US Club (we certainly had time for it) or the UA Red Carpet Club, but did not fancy the thought of an additional security screening, so we returned to TBIT.

After another quick security check, we took an elevator up to the fifth floor Star Alliance lounge and settled in for the next 1.5 hours. The lounge was spacious and had a decent selection of food and drink, but all I sampled was the potato soup in order to leave room for dinner on the LX flight.

The potato soup was tasty

A view of TBIT check-in area from the lounge