FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LX: LAX-DEL-LAX via ZRH in C (To India on Swiss Air)
Old Jan 15, 2009, 4:23 pm
MatthewLAX
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
> TAKE TWO

Wednesday January 7. We were not going to miss today’s flight so I left my office at 3pm and we drove to LAX, arriving by 3:45p. After re-checking in to obtain boarding passes (I had checked in online earlier), we decided to play one of my favorite games: lounge hopping.

There are five Star Alliance Lounges at LAX: US, AC, NZ, UA, and the Star Alliance Lounge in TBIT. Having spent a great deal of time in the US and UA lounges, my brother and I walked over to T2, hoping that we could talk TSA into letting us through security so we could access the NZ and AC lounges.

A supervisor had to be called, but after calmly explaining what we attempting to do, he granted us access () to the terminal and we proceeded upstairs. There was a moment of apprehension, however, when the dutiful TSO manning the metal detector noticed that we had LX boarding passes in our hand. I had gone through the metal detector first and he asked me why I was trying to get into this terminal. I explained that I would be accessing a lounge and that Mr. XX had approved. He did not take my word for it and called over his supervisor, Mr. XX. He was told that we were fine, but felt the need to argue, stating that passengers from airlines that did not serve T2 were not allowed in T2. He was again told by his supervisor that we were okay and he finally shut up and let us through.