FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - W Maldives [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Jan 14, 2009, 3:39 pm
UKTraveller4Fun

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Originally Posted by Radoo
Hey !

I'm about to book a trip for my honeymoon to W Retreat and i will apreciate if someone can offer me some information :
-someone have been there during july? All the travel agents are telling me that july is not a good period for maldives, but as i've observed on weather sites , last summer the were most short showers.
-how much do you need to spend in resort, to enjoy your honeymoon for 7 nights with breakfast included?

Thank you for support
We stayed end of July early August last year. We were also in the Maldives the summer before at the Reethi Rah! On both times the weather was very nice, think we had showers on one afternoon of the entire stay last year and 2 short showers the year before! In fact when we went at Easter one year we got worse weather and even then it wasnt bad!

I know it is considered a slightly riskier that time of year and if you are really unlucky you might get a few days bad weather but I think you could say that anytime of the year! Any rain tends to pass through quikcly!

It is not cheap, breakfast which was really good was included, but everything else is to pay for! There were a couple of waters in the villa along with a coffee machine which was very nice! But lunch and the evening meal are seperate! That said the sweet spots are a great way of getting some drinks and ice creams, we used them alot!
Fish was the only place to eat I would call really expensive, the others were not bad when you consider where you are! Wine etc was varied some not to badly priced all the way up to the skys the limit, but thats the same with any 5/6* resort! Oh and yes Fish was expensive, but worth it!

If you can afford it go, we loved it! Plus you earn points on the entire stay and spend which doesnt make it cheap, it does help though!
On a side note we are back there for 2 weeks late July again this year, so thats about as high a praise as I can give!