FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Standing by for a LATER flight
View Single Post
Old Jan 14, 2009, 11:04 am
jetsetter

Programs: JetBlue Mosaic, WN A List Preferred, Hyatt Globalest, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire
Internal Sabre Processing, and aa.com?

Hi,

The question is really what happens to the space booked in the PNR and the e-ticket coupon when a pax no shows a flight. I imagine Sabre cancels the no show segment and perhaps downline segments in the same PNR. I am less sure that AA technically voids out the unused electronic ticket coupon immediately when a pax no shows a flight. This would create a burdensome administrative process e.g. evry time a pax gets hung up at security, if the system really voids out the unused electronic ticket coupons.

I have no idea frankly, but I bet they void out the unused electronic ticket coupons sometime between say midnight and 7:00 A.M on the night that the pax no shows the flight and does not call AA.

For example, on United when they void a ticket coupon it is said to be a "0 status" ticket e.g. if the agent displays the e-ticket in Apollo the coupons are "0" instead of "open." When US operated under the Sabre computer system the tickets would go in to a similar status which US called "NoGo."

So the things we need to know are:
1. Exactly when does AA's computer system void out an electronic ticket coupon, and what is the internal jargon name used to refer to a voided out coupon in this way;
2. What level of system access or authorization is required in Sabre for an AA agent to unvoid a ticket coupon. At UA, I am told that in the past a supervisor at the airport could complete this transaction, however, now apparently it can only be done by the UA ATO agent help desk and they are often not willing to do it. I only had this done once at UA and 2 agents had to call the help desk and it seemed very dicy but after slamming the phone down and disappearing in to the back offices somehow they got the ticket reinstated;
3. What is the official and unofficial procedure followed by AA res and ATO agents if a pax calls on the date of departure but after the flight departure time in terms of whether the ticket value is protected. For example, does it matter if the pax calls with in 2 hours of departure time? Also for instance what if the phone lines are very busy and a pax could not get through to AA once they realize 25 minutes before departure they are going to miss a flight? Is there a lot of variability from agent to agent and res to ATO as to how this is processed?

Also will aa.com:
1. Allow you to complete standby for earlier or later flights? Must you check in at aa.com before your original flight in order to go standby on later flight?
2. Allow you to complete the same day confirmed change option using the web site? Must you complete this aa.com transaction before the original flight?
3. Allow you to cancel your check in, adjust desired standby flight, or do confirmed change after you have completed an initial check in transaction?

Sorry for so many questions . If you guys need same info for UA and US I can answer that for you .