FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Help me out with a missing baggage issue
View Single Post
Old Jan 13, 2009, 2:51 pm
kls1891

Help me out with a missing baggage issue

Hi Everyone - hoping you can help me figure out how to proceed with a missing baggage issue.

I was vacationing in Europe over the holidays with my girlfriend. We were due to return home via ZRH-CDG-PHL-CLE on 1/5. However, upon arriving at CDG, we were caught in the bad weather and delayed 1.5 days. We were then routed from CDG-ORD-CLE. The last leg of our trip was on AA. The CDG-ORD leg was on Air France.

Our bags never appeared at customs in ORD, and of course never showed up in CLE. We filed a claim with the AA baggage office in CLE. This was on 1/7.

There has been no sign of our bags yet. Daily calls to AA show that they have no sign of them in their systems. They are "hoping" that they show up once some of the backlog is reduced from CDG (they had weather issues all last week).

I inquired about reimbursement for expenses incurred due to the missing baggage and was told that AA does not reimburse expenses for missing baggage if you've made it to your final destination. This makes no sense to me at all. I am missing 10+ days of clothing, plus activity-specific clothing (hiking, skiing, runnning, etc). Both of which I've had to purchase over the last 1 week + that our bags have been missing.

Any advice you could give in how to keep this moving forward, or contact information for somewhere you could share that would be able to help us work through this would be greatly appreciated.

Customer service via the phone has been less than satisfactory.

Thanks,
K