FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UAL's Captain Denny Flanagan (In-Flight Experiences, Sightings, Schedule, etc.)
Old Jan 12, 2009, 11:49 am
PHLstudent

Programs: UA Platinum, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
I'm happy to hear about your great experience with Captain Flanagan, PHLstudent! I hope you mentioned to him you were a FlyerTalker.

As for Channel 9, even Captain Flanagan is only human, so maybe he forgot? It happens, even to the best of them. I would suggest asking the purser to ask the captain next time, especially if he says it'll be on.

I had a suspicion when he was walking around the gate area, and handing out the 757 spec cards as we boarded, but I was too shy to mention something then. But the purser than announced who the captain was after we were all on the plane. I was thinking of shooting him an e-mail just to commend him on the job he did, I hope that wouldn't be weird? He seems open to corresponding with flyertalkers (through dinners etc..)
Also the guy in 6A asked about channel 9 and she said she would check that it was on, but I couldn't tell if she actually asked. ORD was a mess this weekend so I figured everyone was a little stressed. I had flown through ORD on Saturday as well so I knew the storm damage (to flights) that was going on. (MR's to SEA in January are fun.)