FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Redemption Help: DEL-HKG-LHR (combining two awards?)
Thread: Redemption Help: DEL-HKG-LHR (combining two awards?)
View Single Post
Old Jan 11, 2009, 6:50 am
baggageinhall

Programs: BA
DEL-HKG-LHR (combining two awards?)

Let me begin by saying that I am looking for a 'legal' way of doing this and am not trying to get the ICC to issue a ticket from Delhi to Heathrow via Hong Kong at the lower rate!

I currently have a LH F ticket LHR-FRA-DEL-MUC-LHR. Slightly miffed at having to pay full miles for an LH F ticket, (but clearly not miffed enough to fly C!) I wondered if there was a more interesting way of spending 50k miles to get home in F.

I could fly DEL-BKK-HKG which would be a z10-z8 award and as c+m 20k miles

Then I could fly HKG-ZRH-LHR which is 35k as c+m.

So 55k + £760 + tax. Leaving aside that it will increase the cost (and that puts me off a little already!) and decrease people's view that I am a sane human being:

1) Can I turn my current ticket into this mad monstrosity?

2) Assuming I can't, is there an easy way to turn my RT ticket into a OW

3) Again, if I have to do this as multiple tickets, the LHR-FRA-DEL is simple. Would I have to redeem DEL-HKG separately to the HKG-LHR thereby losing the advantage of one ticket should it all go wrong?

4) Have I missed anything (other than a sanity check?).

A TG 773, followed by a 744 in F and the BKK lounge for a couple of hours. Then a LX 343 in F with a quick change in Zurich?

PS: (i) No availability BKK-ZRH (ii) adding the extra time that this will take makes a z8-z2 impossible for me