FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE to 2015] DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near London {GBR}
Old Jan 11, 2009, 4:35 am
servus

Advice requested for London trip

I’m planning a trip to London for Mrs. Servus’s bithday from Friday to Sunday. After reading all the relevant posts here on FT I still have a few questions and would highly appreciate any recommendations.

Due to arrival on Friday afternoon, my primary request is to get to the hotel as fast as possible. So far I found out, that HEX should take approx. 16 min., the Heathrow Connect approx. 50 min., tube and limousine at least an hour (all to the Paddington Hilton). So my first question would be if this information is correct?

If so, we (4 pax) have to use the HEX for a total of £ 66 / £ 56 with the ANA discount. Does anybody know a vaild discount code that takes off more than 15% (except the Amex code)?

So far my choices for accomodation are the Hilton Paddington (£ 74 for Hilton Guestroom / £ 104 for Executive Room), Hilton Metropole (£ 74 / £ 99) and Hilton Tower Bridge (£ 60 / £ 95). Unfortunately I didn’t travel enough during the last months so I’m just a Silver VIP and have to pay for the Ex. Room. The mentioned rates all include breakfast so the “extra” for the Ex. Room would be for what? I found out, the Ex. rooms aren’t any different except for the Metropole where the East Wing is much more comfortable than the Ex. Floor. Also it seems that all lounges stop serving free alcoholic beverages at 7:00 p.m. I probably won’t be back at the hotel by then, so I have to get my drinks at the bar anyways. At this time, I intend to book a regular room at the Paddington Hilton. Any cons for this?

We will take the tube for our return trip to LHR on Sunday night.

Thanx for any thoughts!