FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - QR - is it really that bad?
View Single Post
Old Jan 8, 2009, 10:27 am
bigmerv

QR - is it really that bad?

Hello all

I pretty much always fly BA/Qantas, and Virgin, but we're heading to the Maldives on holidays and none of those airlines fly there, so I was going to book QR as it is the cheapest and the timings work best for us. We're flying Y, which will be a bit of a shock as I am used to J and F with BA etc., but I'm not too bothered, credit crunch and all! What I am concerned about, however, are the numerous threads on here slating QR and particularly the Doha transit experience, and the ground support in case things go wrong.

We will need to transit both ways on our flights, with about 2 hours between flights. Is the experience really that bad that you would recommend paying more/going for less desirable times, just to avoid Doha airport? There is only one flight to connect to on the outward journey, and from some of the posts on here, I would hate to be a pax arriving late and having to rush to make the connection. Related to that, are QR generally on time leaving LHR on their evening flights?

Perhaps this is a silly question, as I am an experienced traveller and appreciate there is no such thing as a "great" airline, but there do seem to be a disproportionate number of horror stories on the QR threads....

FYI, I have never previously transitted through either Doha or Dubai or flown QR.

Cheers
Bigmerv