View Single Post
Old Jan 7, 2009, 3:54 pm
baggageinhall

Programs: BA
FRA-LHR

FRA-LHR
LX 47xx (Seats 3A and 3C)
Airbus A320

On leaving the aircraft (the upper deck and main Business cabin were held back to allow us off first) I instinctively looked for a monitor to find out which gate our flight to London was leaving from. I then remember that we didn’t have a boarding pass and so we walked to the transit desk where we waited in line for a few minutes. On receiving our boarding passes I was told that we could use any of the Business lounges. When I enquired whether our inbound SQ F boarding passes would permit entry to the F lounge I was told it wouldn’t.

I checked again at the Business lounge and was told that it was the only lounge that we could enter. I did think about asking at the F lounge but when I realised that it was almost back where the transit desk was, neither of us could be bothered to move.

We grabbed the only seats we could find around a table overflowing with cups and plates, a few of which were cleared away half-heartedly whilst we were there. The food and drink selection was poor, there was a massive queue for the lavatory and it was packed. I’m afraid it left a lasting impression and a poor one at that. If I was travelling in C, I would actively avoid Frankfurt.

At the boarding time printed on our BP’s we left the lounge and made our way to the gate where we proceeded on to a bus that drove around FRA to a remote stand. A couple stepped out of a Black Merc just as our bus arrived at the aircraft. Our doors remained shut until they had made their way up the stairs and onto the aircraft.

The short flight to London was full in both classes. It might just be the new Recaro seats on LX but I felt more claustrophobic in the LH cabin. Lunch was served and was typically Germanic fare

We arrived on stand at Terminal 2 and made it out to the arrivals hall very quickly. Our bags were the first off along with 4 hours with HON tags.

Home within forty-five minutes to a big hug from the boy who had apparently missed us but was playing it cool!

Last edited by baggageinhall; Jan 13, 2009 at 2:20 am