FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping
Old Jan 7, 2009, 10:32 am
thehawk75

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
Originally Posted by aau
There is a huge thread at slickdeals right now about this error. People actually think the US mint is going to send them $500 for free(or $5 shipping).
Well, I was hoping my sarcasm would have been detected in my last post

No, I do not think I'll be getting a free $500, I was trying to make a comment about the buggy ordering process -- as those who have been following this thread have other seen examples, and this is just but a new one.

I don't go to slickdeals so, wouldn't have known about that discussion anyway.

Originally Posted by freeflyin
I saw this over at SD-I'm afraid all this will do is mess up the system for those of us that have been placing orders all along.I imagine the Mint is going to take a much closer look at all orders now.
Well, the mint introduced a bug, of course they're going to make sure they don't send free $500 out to people because of the bug. People using the system to try and place an order is hardly what I call 'messing it up for those of you who have been placing orders all along'.

Seriously, IMO once the bug is fixed, and they've made sure no one is getting free coins, they will put no more scrutiny into orders than there already is.

Oh, also noticed that instead of my order being 'on hold' or better yet 'in process', my order is actually 'suspended'. So, it seems the system itself is flagging orders that have a component in it that is priced at $0.