FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2009 Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
Old Jan 7, 2009, 9:31 am
joelfreak

Programs: United 1K, AA Plat Exec, DL Plat, Marriott Titanium Lifetime Elite, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by joker545
Sorry to see this thread dying down. I guess FTers have gotten to the point (myself included) where it makes sense to not share "tricks." Too bad as I'm sure there are still some great ones I'm missing out on. Anyone know when Raffles last post was? What ever happened to the idea of starting a private MR/fare mistake forum?
A private forum would never work due to the fact that EVENTUALLY all deal forums have this problem. Fatwallet started due to this problem on Anantech. Slickdeals started mostly due to this problem on Fatwallet. Eventually a 'brand' whether it be Fatwallet, Flyertalk or any other becomes to popular for its own support system. Having been on the net now for over 13 years I have seen it happen many times. Eventually a private deal forum would spawn another infighting battle which would spawn yet ANOTHER private forum. It's just a problem with human nature.