Thread: Redemption Help: LON to LAS
View Single Post
Old Jan 6, 09, 5:51 am
Ed Artrocker

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), UA Silver (*A Silver), VS
LON to LAS

Hi all, do you think that I could get the following routing on a redemption or will 'computer say no'?

LHR/LCY-FRA LH C
FRA-SFO LH F (maybe stop over here)
SFO-LAS UA Y (no C on this route it seems) or US C

There is a direct United flight that goes LHR-SFO and has F class so I'm worried that they'll try to push me towards that (which is massively inferior right?) or even worse say any route via SFO is backtracking. Would taking the first leg out of City throw them off the scent maybe?

If it's not valid as above I was thinking was maybe a separate ticket in LH Y for LHR-FRA which would save me a ton of APD (am I right that I'd get charged full 80 APD for having a connecting flight out of FRA in F?). Only thing I'm worried about with that is missing the connection in FRA, as both tickets would be on LH would they re-protect me if that happened?

I suppose the only other option would be to go in either C or F on the United flight, would anyone recommend that or is UA just too rubbish to contemplate? If I went that way I'd prob be able to do a C+M redemption meaning I'd have enough miles for a return (at the moment I'd be coming back on VS with VS miles which is nice and direct but very naughty on taxes and fees)