FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Missed Platinum -- worth begging/appealing/asking nicely?
Old Jan 3, 2009, 7:24 am
GTITAN

Programs: AA EP, AA AC
Originally Posted by avidflyer
As someone else already said...probably more worth it than ever but your chances are pretty much zero. They are taking a very hard line this year due to the merger and the already bloated ranks between the two airlines. My guess: Not a prayer.
Here will come the real interesting part. Slightly O/T and I throw it out there for the board's consideration, but I wonder if the DL side of the house will get the plethora of 2x EQM promos while the NW side does not this year? I really expect one or more of the airlines to offer a 2x EQM promo this year with the miserable economic conditions. Yes, I know that the FT types really don't like these, and I am not saying it is a good idea, but I expect it to happen. I also worry NW WP types would not be eligible for it while DL SM types would be. Why you ask, because as much as we don't like to say it, the NW and the WP brand is dead. It is going away and not coming back. If you were the DL folks, would you really try to drive folks to a brand that will no longer exist, I would not. 2009 is not going to be fun IHMO for WP folks. YMMV.

Safe Travels.