Old Jan 2, 09, 10:48 am
bwerber

Programs: Conti Plat/1K, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond
Hyatt Regency SF - Regency Club/General comments on stay

Just stayed at the property for 3 days. When I checked-in the front desk told me that the RC was closed until January 11th due to weak occupancy levels at the property. A hotel operator told me the same thing as well.

This is my second stay at the property over the last few months. I think it will be my last; I'm headed back to the Starwood properties (Le Meridian, Westin Market Street, W):

1. When I checked-in the safe in my room was locked. I called downstairs and someone came upstairs to unlock the safe. He told me that it's been happening a lot lately. He said he thinks it's the housekeepers doing it because they want to make the maintenance guys do extra work.

2. The security latch on the "balcony" doors does not work. They didn't care to fix it.

3. Just looked at my cc bill. They charged me an additional ~$15. I called accounting and they said that it was a mini bar charge. I did not partake form the mini bar and they removed it. Could it be the housekeepers doing more of their tricks? Something weird is going on at the property.

4. Low quality (towels, bedding)

5. RC being closed - breakfast is much more enjoyable in the peaceful room upstairs than the loud/messy Eclipse restaurant in the atrium.

I don't complain too often, and overall the property is fine but it was just a few too many pains in my butt. I prefer a hotel stay where I have minimal contact with the staff post check-in. These exceptions are too much of a nuisance.

-From a Hyatt Diamond/SPG Plat