FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bangkok: Which SPG hotel should I choose? [Master Thread]
Old Jan 2, 2009, 7:02 am
seanthepilot
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
Originally Posted by alanslegal
. Does the ROS offer any above and beyond treatments as a PLT like the SGS does? Could I choose to take my buffet breakfast by the river, rather than in the exec. lounge.
I don't know what Plat Treatment you are talking about at the SGS. I guess you mean the internet and a few items of laundry? Every time I book the SGS I get nothing in terms of an upgrade. All the SPG BKK hotels offer breakfast (not sure about the new Meridian) and some type of cocktail hour.

The ROS is corporate owned (49%, I think). They allocate Plats a Club Room and sometimes a Suite. The ROS lounge is easily the best that SPG offers in BKK. The food offerings are small for tea time, but quite good for happy hour. You can have breakfast down at the river without issue.

It's a bit of a hastle getting to and from the ROS AT CERTAIN TIMES of the day. But it's also 25% cheaper for the room compared to the SGS.

I don't know what all the fuss is about the SGS. They certainly don't show me any love. I stay about 20 nights a year in BKK... many, many better places than the SGS to choose from.