Old Jan 1, 09, 9:35 am
CIT85

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, HH Silver
LEM at Le Parker Meridien

I just came back from a 2 night stay at Le Parker Meridien using my LEM certificates. After the various complications in making my reservation, and with my online reservation showing rack rate of $999 per night, I had no problem checking in. The front desk agent informed me that my 2 night stay has been taken care of and the check in confirmation I signed had a rate of $369 per night. Check out was also very straight forward, without any room charges.

I was pre-assigned a junior suite on the 11th floor facing 56th St and Starbucks across the street. The room had a rotating TV between the sitting area and the bedroom.

Everyone I encountered at the hotel was very nice, except for a French female concierge who was not particularly helpful when I asked about best way to drive out of Manhattan to NJ Turnpike on morning of Dec. 31. Considering that it took me 2-1/2 hours to get through Holland Tunnel on Sunday night, I was not about to get stuck going out due to New Year's Eve barricades.

There were probably more French tourists in the hotel than Americans during my stay. Street noise is also quite loud and takes a bit getting used to.

Last edited by SanDiego1K; Jan 1, 09 at 4:33 pm Reason: copied from LEM promo thread, as it will benefit folks searching for info on hotel