FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Transfer times at T5
View Single Post
Old Dec 30, 2008, 8:28 am
BA1A

Programs: BA GGL, VS Gold, BD Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, IC RA, Hilton Diamond, Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by startreker
Hi. I flew through T5 a few weeks back: arriving at T5A on a domestic from Edinburgh and leaving from T5B on a longhaul to LAX. Connection time was 1 hour. I made it with plenty of time - though I had expected it to be tight. Still time for some pre-planned shopping, and my luggage made it too!
I haven't done a domestic to international connection since the days of T1 to T4 (as I usually don't trust them so just travel down the night before) but IIRC I didn't have to go through a second security check at T4 after getting my BP checked at T1 flight connections and getting on the bus , it just dropped me off at the terminal and I entered straight in the departure shopping area. I also know I have had to pass through security when connecting to a domestic flight from T5 following a Europe or Long haul flight.

However, later this week I do have a domestic to international connection at T5 so I am just wondering if I will have to clear security again after flight connections at T5? Also, if there is a second security check, why did I never have to do this from T1 to T4 or is my memory going?