FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - help setting up slingbox (so multiple people can use it)
Old Dec 27, 2008, 3:59 pm
mjm
Original Member

Master Password will outrank anybody else everytime. Just have him not check in the box (or you depending who is to have lower priority) that says "Log in as Administrator" under properties after clicking "Edit" under Slingbox Directory after highlighting your Slingbox. After that if the person with the Master Password wants to log on they boot the other person off when entering the Master Password.

Originally Posted by magiciansampras
I've been impressed with slingbox ever since a kind FTer let me use theirs for some Patriots game viewing . So, I bought my folks one since my dad travels a lot and I figure it would be a cool gift. He really likes it. ^

The thing is, he wants me to be able to use it as well. I know that only one person can be on at once, so I'm wondering what the best way to manage this is? What happens if two people try to access the slingbox at once? Is there a way to give one user priority so that the other can only use it when it is not being used and will be kicked off if the "main" user tries to access it?

Thanks for your help!