FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Salt Lake City [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Dec 26, 2008, 4:53 pm
slidergirl

Programs: IHG Gold,SPG Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Delta Kettle, AMEX Plat, DL AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by DFWFlier
Looking at a one night stay with family...wondering if rooms are all renovated now, recent Plat treatment.
I stayed for one night in late September. The renovations were still going on. I had a room on a newly renovated floor. I thought it was very nice for the standard room. The decor seemed more modern that I expected at this Sheraton. I was only Gold at the time, and with a late night check-in, I didn't expect nor need anything special. If you want to be absolutely sure about the renovations, try calling the hotel.

As for the charging $2 for beer/wine in the lounge - it is a Utah law. They can't give out "free" alcoholic beverages and they can't make it a service charge for all - if you choose not to drink, you can't be charged for it. We had this at some cooking classes at Deer Valley. Wine had originally been included in the price of the class and meal, but the Beverage Control Board made them separate out the price for wine, so those who chose not to imbibe were not charged.