FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What's happened to EuroTraveller seats for non-BA OWEs?
Old Dec 26, 2008, 9:17 am
AusEuroFlyer

What's happened to EuroTraveller seats for non-BA OWEs?

I'm wondering if there has been a recent change to pre-allocation of EuroTraveller seats for non-BA OneWorld Emeralds?

Until fairly recently (maybe at least until the last 3 months?) I was able to pre-allocate any seat for EuroTraveller as a non-BA OneWorld Emerald, when I booked on the same fare band as I did this time.

But today I tried to pre-allocate for three flights, and the first available row to me is Row 9 for all three flights.
I find it highly unlikely that anyone would have pre-allocated themselves a middle seat, so I do not think that row 8 and forward have been chosen by someone already.

Does anyone know if this is a recent change that has taken away some of the advantages of non-BA OWEs? Can BA Gold still pre-allocate row 8 and forward?

This is not so much a complaint (although it would have been nice to be able to allocate myself a more forward seat) - I'm curious because I'm considering switching my main FF program with OW.

Or, is the available of seats for pre-allocation based on fare band now?