FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westin Chicago North Shore (Wheeling) [Master Thread]
Old Dec 22, 2008, 7:58 pm
DCFlyer0306

Programs: Marriott Titanium & Lifetime Platinum, United Platinum, Delta Silver
Stayed here Summer 2008

I did about 8 2-3 day stays here this summer. It is a very standard Westin. While I was there, a couple of the floors were closed and it was difficult to get a king bed. The workout room was nice with about 10 different cardio machines and a few weight sets. It also had an indoor pool. The restaurants were very good - a very expensive ($50+ per person w/out alcohol) steak restaurant, an Italian restaurant, and a sushi bar. The restaurants seemed to draw visitors from outside of the hotel. The room service menu, however, was very, very limited (like 3 entrees), but if you called the restaurant directly, they were often willing to send other entrees up via room service. Rooms had new flatscreen televisions. King rooms had a comfortable chair and ottoman. Before I made gold status, I was upgraded twice - once to the concierge floor (only different being a bottle of mouthwash, q-tips, a scale, and a plant) the other time to a large corner room. Ironically, after I made Gold I was never updgraded although my colleagues (who did not have status) often were upgraded to a corner room.

As others have mentioned, the hotel seemed to do the bare minimum for their elite guests.

Happy to answer any questions about the property if I can.