FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Brandy/cocgnac after the meal in CW, on request only?
Old Dec 22, 2008, 5:17 pm
Land-of-Miles
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by TinaC
On my last trip in CW I noticed that they seem to be cutting back on alcohol.
When they served the preboarding drink, they didn't offer a refill although we were on the ground for another hour before take-off.
When serving the lunch, they offered one refill of wine (the glasses are tiny).
They did not ask if I wanted a glass of port/brandy/cognac with the cofee and dessert. When asking they said "sure" and gave me my brandy, no refill offered.
I have not been flying BA for almost two years, but I recall that the service was much better then.
I am used to flying Swiss and they always make sure that your glass is never empty and always ask if you want anything with your coffee etc.
Is this common with BA, or was I just unlucky?
I haven't flown much with BA in J recently but I suspect like in other cabins it very much depends upon the crew on the day. I have had similar issues to you when travelling in F, on other occasions I have had perfect service with a glass which never emptied for a whole flight.

My own approach these days is to use the call bell, when service isn't what it might be. I know that may seem a little rude but if the crew on the day are not so proactive in offering service then the consequence must be that I need to be proactive in requesting service.