FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New TSA requirements for address and DOB
View Single Post
Old Dec 22, 2008, 2:57 pm
NY-FLA

Programs: US former CP Looking for a new airline to love me
Originally Posted by OrlandoFlyer
Hopefully, this 72 hour rule will affect the Congress Critters and Senators when travel on commercial airlines, as I would imagine that quite often they book reservations in less than 72 hours. If they get hassled enough by these rules then maybe they will do something about them.

I guess these new rules are the parting gift to us all from Comrade Chertoff and Kippie. May they suffer them as well when they become normal citizens again after January 20, 2009.
Originally Posted by halls120
It will also impact a large number of government employees, who often travel on short notice.
Dream on. TSA couldn't even hold airline, airport or their own employees to the magic liquid rules. After a couple of days/weeks of b$%(*ing and moaning, exemptions were suddenly given. And when poor old Ted Kennedy began being SSSS'd with some frequency, the list was quickly amended once the publicity over that began. TSA takes advantage of those not sufficiently organized or pi$$ed off to embarass them away from whatever idiocy they're pursuing this week.