FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Making mortgage payments with a CC for miles
Old Dec 21, 2008, 12:16 pm
TechAirman

sharmaintl,

Originally Posted by sharmaintl
Hello,

Has anyone explored ways to pay ones mortgage payment using a miles generating CC?
You might be able to request checks from your credit card company in order to pay the mortgage. Keep in mind that for some credit cards, there's may be a separate credit limit and cash advance limit.

Is there any way to charge it to a card as a purchase rather than a cash advance?
You'll have to ask your credit card company if they can send you a purchase check instead of a cash advance check. If you can get the purchase check then pay for the CC charge by your next due date and you're safe. In the event that the only option is the cash advance check then keep checking your online CC account to find out when the charge posts to your CC account. Be prepared to make an immediate online payment to your CC account in order to minimize the cash advance interest charged. Remember the benefit of this exercise is earning miles with the cash that you were going to pay the mortgage company which earns 0 miles.

I have a mortgage with Chase. Does having a Chase CC help in anyway?
I don't have a Chase CC so I don't know if they have the purchase check option. Ask the CSR for your CC for a purchase check. Has my reply helped at all?