FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Transiting Athens, Greece Airport
View Single Post
Old Dec 19, 2008, 3:25 pm
dg4255

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, LH Senator, VA Velocity Platinum, Marriott Silver, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by graraps
The ability to check baggage through to another carrier has nothing to do with the ability to issue boarding passes on said carrier. I wouldn't expect TK to be able to issue BPs for A3.
I would do OLCI for the Aegean flight, print the BP, and turn up at IST with it and ask them to check my baggage through.
In my posting, I never said there was a mutual exclusive relationship between bps and checking bags. Only that the bags CAN more than likely be checked through (depends on if TK and A3 have an interlining agreement and I didn't look that up AND both segments are on the same ticket). As for the BP. It also depends if it is one ticket or two separate tickets. If one ticket, and the OP uses TK online checkin, and their system cannot print the A3 segment, then the OP would have to use A3 online checkin just for that segment. However, currently A3 online checkin is only valid with both an A3 record locator AND an A3 ticket number starting with 390 AND travel has to start at ATH. So, without more information about the OPs ticket situation, we cannot give a more accurate assessment.