FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Taxes/fees/surcharges - their recalculation when changing free-to-change BA bookings
Old Dec 12, 08, 8:54 am
djb25

Thumbs down Taxes/fees/surcharges - their recalculation when changing free-to-change BA bookings

My noble peers,

I, among others, recently took advantage of the hoo-ha-woop-woop that was the recent 50% off redemption sale. My itinerary, if typed, looks exactly like this -

MAN-LHR-CPT-LHR-STOP-JNB-LHR-MAN

with all international segments booked in BA's rather retro First Class cabin.

Taxes for said journey amounted to a rather whopping, though rather expected, £742.90.

I have since changed the dates of my first three sectors once, and the date of my third sector once. Each times taxes/fees/surcharges have been recalculated to the tune of approx £80 a pop. How very rude. And this is with the offline fee waived, apparently.

This has never happened to me on any previous redemption booking, or any other booking for that matter, and I’m a serious, serial date/time changer. Do these recalculations seem excessive to the group? Has anyone in our midst had similar experiences? And when just changing dates?

djb25

Last edited by djb25; Dec 12, 08 at 9:08 am Reason: 'the' insertion