FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Schwab Invest Visa? 2% cash back on everything? [Discontinued card]
Old Dec 11, 2008, 1:59 pm
ajnaro

Programs: AA 4MM EXP; Starwood Lifetime Plt
Originally Posted by themicah
I think it also depends on the specific card issuer. At one end of the spectrum is Citi, who allow you to add anyone as an authorized user with nothing more than a name. At the other end is CapOne, where I found it easier to just open a second account than to add mrsmicah to my existing account (they wanted TONS of info over the phone, and the CSR didn't speak English well, and then I still had to call back a second time when no card arrived in the mail after a month--I hate CapOne customer service so much). And in the middle is Amex, where they ask for name and SSN, but nothing more. These are all personal accounts, btw. I think Schwab just asked for name and relationship.
As far as Schwab is concerned, I just opened their new 2% VISA account with a second user and no questions asked. I also have VISA, MC, and AMEX cards, issued in the US, with a second-user who has no formal relationship to me, has no social security number, and is not a US resident or citizen.