FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BackTracking and TATL Routes
View Single Post
Old Dec 10, 2008, 12:03 pm
gate4lounge

Programs: BA Blue
Originally Posted by TheKipper
Married Segment???

Is their a major flaw in my plan?

Don't US connect down to MCO in F as well as UA in Y? I wouldn't do US TATL but domestic in F they are passable as long as you don't mind not being on time or sat next to each other!
Re married segments, something of an explanation here http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=890111

There may or may not be a flaw in your UA plans.....you won't know until you phone ICC for availability. There may be less of a problem if you can travel F all the way. I suspect that the LHR-IAD F to IAD-MCO Y connection might have been the problem in my case. I also think that the LH routing would erradicate your problem....it did in my case, but would mention the caveat that you might have to switch airport at NY. You might want to check availability via ORD or IAD (CLT and BOS weren't showing great availability when I looked) as alternatives. Also consider TPA instead of MCO, as I have had to do on my return trip.

US do fly from Washington to MCO, but they fly from DCA, not IAD. I didn't fancy a change of airport on top of our other sectors, with 2 kids in tow.

Finally, please forgive my earlier ignorance.....welcome to FT TheKipper^