FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - OT: NXEC £5 tickets London - Glasgow, Edinburgh, Aberdeen, Inverness etc
Old Dec 10, 2008, 8:52 am
continentalclub

Originally Posted by browserden
Now does anyone see anything positive about NXEC?
No.

Originally Posted by jamesbrownontheroad
Free wireless throughout the train (and yes, it is getting faster)
Debatable, but only from the depths. Way worse for First passengers than it used to be.

about another 25 trains a day
Not until 2010 at the earliest, and certainly not if the DfT rolling stock procurement process dribbles along at its current rate.

and a new London - Lincoln service.
Not until 2009.

Oh, and unlike GNER they promise not to go bankrupt by paying too much for the privilege of running the service
Promise? Promise?

Quite frankly, I'd say that NXEC are currently up there with Woolworths in terms of presenting a commercially sustainable proposition, and BAA for customer service levels (excepting some superb crews who do all they can to continue to deliver something that they can be proud of).

I know that the chap sitting opposite me the other day in a seat he'd paid £200 for, was particularly delighted to see a £5 tickets postcard on his manky unrefurbed First Class seat, on a set-swapped service with totally corrupted seat reservations and no facilities for hot drinks .