FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - *A working hard to ruin my Honeymoon trip - HELP!
Old Dec 5, 2008, 4:00 pm
denverhockeyguy

Originally Posted by mlasser
Ok, ok. If I over reacted to Akulashark I apologize, but there are plenty of FTers who seem very willing to accept the worst UA has to offer with one of a myriad of excuses.

I am asking a question. I need to find a way to get to BKK on the 25th so as to avoid incurring $600 in Air Asia change fees and a hotel night and a loss of 1 night of my trip. I really don't think burning the miles for c-class and flying Y is something I can handle and maintain my self-respect. I did this 2 years ago. Used c-class miles, was waitlisted, didn't clear (BTW that flight flew 50% in C and 25% in F and still didn't clear) so flew Y class with inop IFE the entire way and had UA take the full amount of C-class miles since one legg of 6 was actually c-Class.
You didn't get a C-seat on a flight you were waitlisted for and the flight went out with empty C seats? Read the threads on FFCC and C-award vs upgraders. That doesn't sound quite right...