FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - *A working hard to ruin my Honeymoon trip - HELP!
Old Dec 5, 2008, 3:53 pm
mlasser

Programs: UA 1P, F9 Ascent, SPG Lifetime Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by CollegeFlyer
To be fair to Akulashark, you made it sound like you were asking a question: namely, whether you had other options or you had to accept what UA was offering. Akula's reply was that you had to accept what UA was offering. I hope that he's mistaken, but you can't blame him for saying what he thinks is the reality, when you did ask the question:

It wasn't clear from your phrasing that you were only willing to accept one answer, and anyone who would give the second answer should just "save it and post somewhere else." It sounded like you were actually asking a question. If you just want suggestions for how to get around the problem, that makes sense of course. But if you actually a realistic perspective on whether other viable options exist, then shooting the messengers will distort the responses that you end up getting.
Ok, ok. If I over reacted to Akulashark I apologize, but there are plenty of FTers who seem very willing to accept the worst UA has to offer with one of a myriad of excuses.

I am asking a question. I need to find a way to get to BKK on the 25th so as to avoid incurring $600 in Air Asia change fees and a hotel night and a loss of 1 night of my trip. I really don't think burning the miles for c-class and flying Y is something I can handle and maintain my self-respect. I did this 2 years ago. Used c-class miles, was waitlisted, didn't clear (BTW that flight flew 50% in C and 25% in F and still didn't clear) so flew Y class with inop IFE the entire way and had UA take the full amount of C-class miles since one legg of 6 was actually c-Class.