FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Wacky and Insane Round-Trip Travel Itineraries
Old Dec 3, 2008, 7:40 pm
Canarsie
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Wacky and Insane Round-Trip Travel Itineraries

I just recently completed a round-trip itinerary between Atlanta and San Diego...

...through London.

Yes, the one in England.

Well, it was actually less expensive this way. What can I say?!?

I had to change aircraft in London in both directions. Imagine that — having to travel to a different country on a different continent to change aircraft on a domestic round-trip ticket in the United States.

I have also on this itinerary had to change aircraft in Cincinnati and — yes, you guessed it — Atlanta.

Other itineraries include:
  • Going through Honolulu three times for a round-trip itinerary between Atlanta and Phoenix
  • Driving to Huntsville, Alabama for a round-trip itinerary between Huntsville and Oakland via Houston, Seattle and Anchorage and taking the Bay Area Rapid Transit system to travel between Oakland to San Francisco
  • ...and even minor wacky travel itineraries such as traveling round-trip between Atlanta and Indianapolis, only to drive three hours each way between Indianapolis and my final destination, which was Chicago

While the examples I posted here are based on round-trips and not on multi-city destinations, which would require an entirely different thread for me, what wacky and insane round-trip itineraries have other FlyerTalk members encountered?