FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - One World Revolutions - Around Mostly the Southern Hemisphere
Old Dec 1, 2008, 10:06 am
Kiwi Flyer
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Sydney transit

We had a gate close to the lounge, but first I had to clear transfer security. While there were a lot of people there, almost all were cabin crew so naturally I got the "random" explosives test and pat down. I'm now struggling to remember the last time I had an international transit in Sydney (or Brisbane for that matter) where I have not been "randomly" selected - most often because I am the only person going through international transfers at the time. Stupid quotas they have to fill.

I was welcomed back into the first lounge by the bouncer before I even had a chance to pull out my boarding pass

As I knew there were no showers available in the next transit I took a shower here. My travel philosophy on long duration sequences of flights is to take a shower whenever it is practical to do so. Not only does it help avoid me stinking up the plane with a multi-day itinerary, but it also provides a nice pyschological boost to refresh body and mind.

I had enough time to have a drink, check messages, have another drink, post a bit on FT, have one more drink for the road air, and confirm the flight was on time by keeping an eye on the various useful websites.